I am doing the Weight Watchers core plan.
The basis of the core plan is learning to eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied (not stuffed) from a list of good healthy foods. A great skill to learn!
You can also have other non-core foods and treats in moderation. Another great skill to learn!
It doesn't feel like I am on a diet. You don't have to weigh and measure or write everything down. I think I can eat like this long term.
My skin, hair, and eyes feel much healthier now I am eating this way. I also have loads more energy.
I love core!
I have also set myself lots of little goals and decided on rewards for achieving my goals (which include things like staying on track, exercise goals, weight loss goals, and overcoming temptations).
I wear a pedometer and am challenging myself to make at least 10,000 steps a day.
I am an active member of the Weight Watchers Online community (Superbanana is my WW online name). I am finding the motivation and support I recieve from the online community incredible. I have started a daily thread called the pedometer challenge where I post my steps for the previous day. I also post my menu and exercise plans on the daily core chat each morning. This makes me plan my food choices at the start of the day rather than just grabbing whatever. I think lack of planning and organisation has definitely been one of the reasons I have not succeeded previously. That and losing focus so I have also joined some online challenges which help keep me motivated (Skinny Train, Biggest Loser, Team Core Challenge).
I also attend a weekly Weight Watchers meeting to weigh in.
But most of all - my head is in the right space this time and it just doesn't feel that difficult any more. I am going to do this!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment