Healthy Weight Range Tracker (62 - 50 kg)

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Reality with a Thud!

Well am home from our wonderful 3+ week holiday in sunny Queensland and had a fabulous time. It was so nice to have some warmer weather and sunshine. We had a week at the Sheraton in Port Douglas which was heavenly and then flew down to Brisbane, drove up to Noosa and spent 3 days, to Caloundra to see friends for 2 days, to Surfers Paradise for 10 days, and then Brisbane for 2 days.

Have hit reality with a bit of a thud however as upon landing back in NZ have encountered one of the worst storms we have had in about 10 years - rather poor timing on our part me thinks! And it is cold! Someone send me back to Port Douglas please!

Am very proud to say that I did all of the scary rides in the theme parks at Surfers Paradise including all of the roller coasters and the Giant Drop which is a 39 story free fall. Rather pleased to find myself still in the land of the living after that I can tell you. But what a buzz!

Sadly despite my best intentions the buffet breakfast at the Sheraton in Port Douglas bettered me in the first few days of my holiday and despite some good choices I did eat and drink way too much whilst away and am now left with about 4kg extra to contend with. Arghhhhh.

Having said that I am right back on track. I fully intend to be bikini ready for Christmas so best get on with it I think. Will post my official weigh in on Friday (but know from my home scales that my photos and souvenirs are not the only things I have brought back with me from Oz).

No comments: