Ok maybe that is a tad paranoid but it seems that every time I set a goal or make plans, everything changes on me and my plans get foiled.
For example - I have this goal before Xmas to wear a certain dress to hubby's work do and get all excited about working towards this goal and then wham the work do gets cancelled.
Then I have a goal to do this duathon in Feb. Have several friends saying they are keen to do it to and one by one nobody can. No probs - I can do it by myself. I did that last year. Then get an email this afternoon about a seminar that I really need to go to so that I can get the contacts and information I need to really help my son better with his schooling. Now I need to choose - me or my son. Why can't it just be a different weekend. Arghh!
But the icing on the cake comes when I'm visiting MIL the other day (having taken Mr 12 an hours drive to tutoring only to find that he didn't have a lesson that day after all!). I say to MIL in the course of conversation that we have a wedding to travel to on March 14th and we are going to take a few days off and stay somewhere nice for an extended weekend. I get this stony faced stare as she announces - that is the day of my 70th birthday party. What the .....? I had no idea! Then I get the hurt look of you guys should have known and the oh well its not like its your best friends wedding - they probably won't miss you. By this stage I am ready to scream. I have been looking forward to this weekend for ages! It has been another one of my weight loss inspirations! Get home and say to hubby looks like we can't go to that wedding. I mean what can you do really after getting a glare like that. Hubby says to double check the date on the invite and guess what, I had the weekend wrong. Now we can do the wedding and the MIL's 7oth. Double the reason to get my butt into gear and lose as much weight as I can before then.
Maybe the universe isn't conspiring against me after all.
Now to see if I can get them to move the duathlon to a different weekend. What do you think of my chances?
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment