Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Tongariro Trip
Well I am just back from a five day trip with Mr 16's geography class. We completed the Tongariro Alpine Crossing (a 18.5km hike across rough volcanic landscape) - see pictures and also did some smaller hikes, white water rafting on the Tongariro River, and even swam under the freezing Taranaki Falls and jumped off a waterfall into the freezing Tongariro River. I had an awesome time. What a great bunch of kids - if they are our future we are doing OK. It was great to challenge myself to see what I could physically do. I am pleased to report that I have much better stamina than I thought - I think the kids were more tired than I was! This is something I just could not have done a year ago. I am so grateful to have reclaimed my health and zest for life. Life is an exiciting journey and I want to experience as much of it as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















2 comments:
Wow Super B, what a change in you, both physically & mentally. You are an inspiration.
Hallo SuperBanana
I got your blog address on the WW boards. So glad to meet you.
Wow I see you are so close to goal that must feel great, I still have a whole 24kg's to go.
I love your photos, it is so nice to see a new part of the wold.
You are welcome to visit my blog if you would like to, my blog address is http://marnetsthoughts.blogspot.com
hope to hear from you soon.
;-}
Marnet (WW alias SA-Girl)
Post a Comment