Well I haven't posted in ages. Truth is I have been sulking and self sabotaging rather masterfully for most of the past month. I was very disappointed in myself after registering for a half marathon on 5 April and not managing to complete it. One of my calf muscles started to really ache about 1km in and didn't get any better so I wound up dropping out after 10.5km (having hobbled much of this in great agony!). I was gutted. I was really enjoying riding high on my feelings of success so I took the feeling of failure very hard. I was very disappointed that my mental toughness wasn't enough to see me through even though I was really sore. So what do I do. Sulk and self sabotage for about 3 weeks and decide that I can't do what I set out to achieve after all. Well enough is enough. Time to put on my big girl undies and deal with it. Crap happens sometimes.
So I am back on the WW band wagon and back training for my next half marathon in either July or August. I have a long way to go. I have lost a lot of fitness in 3+ weeks. Serves me right really. But I am determined. I will do it this time!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment