Healthy Weight Range Tracker (62 - 50 kg)

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Whatever Happened to SuperBanana?

Well no idea if anyone will read this or not. It has been so long since I posted!

Shortly after my last post, my now ex-husband decided to physically assault me in a rage (which actually wasn't that uncommon to be fair). The thing is I had changed so much and realised I was worth so much more than that so I just didn't want to take his anger or moods any more or be treated like that any more and I started making my plans to leave. I had been here before - when I first started this weight loss journey we had just gotten back together after a horrible one year separation after he made promises to change. The reason I ever needed to lose weight so badly was that I was so down and depressed over my life in general. I felt so bad about myself and trapped in an awful situation which I could hardly bear to accept was real.

So roll on 2 1/2 rather turbulent years during which life as I knew it has pretty much been blown out of the water and I have just filed for divorce. I have met a lovely new man who I have a fantastic friendship with. We are taking things very slow - we have both been burned before and have kids and others in our lives we need to think about too but he is awesome and he makes me feel wonderful. I didn't know life could be so good or that I could feel so happy or free.

Sadly on the weight front, the hard stuff I have been through has led to more emotional eating (just what I seem to do - duh you think I would learn!)and hence I have put much of the weight I lost back on. I am in a good head space now though - ready to get my life back on track and chase my dreams again. I joined WW again at the beginning of this year. I weighed in at 76kg and lost 900g the first week and 600g the second week. I am now into my third week. I am going to keep blogging to record my journey cause thats what worked for me before - so watch this space. This year is SuperBanana's year!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Hi SuperBanana!! I was just wondering what had happened to you as I too have fallen off the wagon and piled all my kilos back on and a few more for good measure:(
Sorry to hear of your troubles....but great that you have started again!! I was always inspired by you on WW Skinny Train Message Board. I have gone back to WW and lost 1.8 in the first week. Just about to jump back on the Skinny Train with Lee. Best wishes and good luck Cherie