I did my second ever duathlon yesterday. Same course. Different me.
Even though I had a horrible head cold, felt pretty crappy, and had ttotm full force, I managed to do the course much better than last time. I not only shaved 12.5 minutes off my time (coming in at 1 hour 4 minutes and 58 seconds), but had energy to burn afterwards.
I was really pleased with my effort given how unwell I felt. I do think I could have done better if I was well as I only pushed myself to about 75% and just made my goal finishing. I am proud of myself though because the old me wouldn't have even considered doing it. I would have just pulled the duvet back up over my head and gone back to sleep.
Next year I would like to finish in under an hour. Hopefully shave another 10 minutes off my time. I can't wait to see my photos for next year because I know that they are going to be great!
I am hugely impressed with the difference I can see in my photos but also in the difference with how I feel. It really is amazing. I kept buzzing around yesterday after the duathlon doing everything I needed to do. I had heaps of energy left. In fact if I wasn't for my cold, I could easily have done it all over again. I certainly did not feel like that last year. I think I slept and blobbed in front of the telly for the rest of the day and I was sore afterwards. This time I don't even know I've done anything extra.
I am so glad to have made such positive changes to my health in the 11 months since the first duathlon. I can't wait to see how much better I can look, feel, and be in another 11 months. Bring it on!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment